Monday, May 12, 2008

We have a Baby Girl!



Madison Kay Jensen has finally arrived May 10, 2008 at 6:15 a.m. 7 lbs. and 19" of beautiful baby. We are so happy to finally have her at home. Things went much better than expected. I went to my Doc appt last Friday to make sure I still needed a full induction. As of 2:30 that afternoon, it was a definate yes. By the time I made it to the hospital to check in at 8:30 Friday night I had already started on my own. Just like Mac's labor it wasn't progressing very fast, so I started walking around the hospital to speed things up. But the contractions got so strong I asked for pain meds. They were great, but they stopped my contractions. I felt like the night was never going to end and I was never going to have this baby. So the nurse started me on PIT to get things going again. But because I was trying to go "all natural" they started me off very slowly. Within 20 minutes I went from a 6 to my water breaking on it's own, to having the baby! Yeah, the doc didn't even make it. I had 7 awesome nurses deliver Madi. My mother and mother-in-law didn't even make it out of the room. And you know what, at that point, I didn't even care. So for them Happy Mother's Day! What a relief to have it over with. MaCrae is adjusting very slowly, but with little time right now, I will update you with more details later.

7 comments:

Nick and Brent said...

YEA!! I'm so happy for you guys! And she's just beautiful Kim! Must be some good genes. That's crazy the doctor didn't even make it...guess there were enough staff there to take care of things! Congrats!!

Liz said...

Congrats!!! She is beautiful, and she looks a lot like you! Glad she finally came, and with a bang!! (my doc/midwife didn't make it in time for Evelyn either) at least they train the nurses how to deliver!

Annalee Taylor said...

WOW! I cant believe she is here! COngrats, she is beautifuL! She looks like you guys definalty! Im glad everything worked out for you and her, yeay!

Jenny said...

Oh Congrats! I am so glad that she is finally here! She is so adorable! I am coming to rexburg on Thursday, I will have to come bring you something!

The Bells said...

Congratulations!! She is beautiful! I am so happy for you guys!

Amber said...

OH YEAH! I'm so happy for you. She is beautiful, I hope to see more pics! Get some rest:)

The Taylor's said...

Congrats guys! I'm sure you'll love having a sweet little girl. Hey & maybe it's nice that the Dr. didn't get there- could save you some.They always come one way or another.