Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Baby Blues

So Madi has been a great baby, as far as she wines only when she is hungry, has a wet/dirty diaper, or has a belly ache. But MaCrae on the other hand has been driving INSANE!! I love the kid, but right now I don't know if I can handle it. I have to make MaCrae take a nap now, even though he has been going without one for a while now. If I don't give him a nap he is mean, really mean all afternoon. But if he takes a nap he is up until 9:30 at night. Well, last Friday he was having one of his usual mean afternoons, and I lost it. I don't remember what he threw at me but I lost it. I drug him to his room and was so close to physically hurting him it was scary. I ran out grabbed Madi and locked myself in my bedroom for an almost 2 hours, crying. It was a good thing Jen was here to watch him, because I didn't care anymore. Ryan got home, and was so mad at MaCrae he put him right to bed (it was like 6:00), took Madi to his mom's, and took me out to dinner. It was so nice to get out, without any kids. I know there are a lot of mom's out there that must think I am an unfit parent, but life gets pretty hard after 2 weeks of little sleep, a messy house, and a 2 years old who refuses to listen! I have started using Arbonne's hormone cream, to hopefully help me through these baby blues, so good luck to me.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

I am so sorry. I cant tell you how many times I have totally lost it with Lilly, and I get enough sleep. It is the age,they know how to push your buttons.It doesnt make you a bad mom at all.I hope you start feeling better soon and good luck with everything.

Amber said...

You are so not a bad mom! I have hard days everyday still with Brylee, the age is just tough! THey don't listen and they know how to talk back and just make your blood boil. she still is so mean to payson and wakes him up from his naps all the time, so I know how you feel, I feel like a bad mom often because I get so mad at her! good luck! Call me if you ever need me to take him for a couple hours so you can rest or run errands.

Chantri said...

Don't beat yourself up. I too know exactly how you are feeling. I have many many days like that...and I don't even have baby blues! I have a very short patient span with Logan when he doesn't listen. It's so hard. I too have locked myself in my room and cried. This is why being a mom is the HARDERST job we'll ever have! It's the most rewarding, but hardest.
Things will get better. I'm here if you need someone to talk to.

Kris and Sarah said...

Hang in there!! There are days that I have to lock myself in a room also!! The hormonal rages have calmed down a bit in 5 months (since I had Olivia) but there are days that I just want to cry. I promise you are not a bad mom!! In fact locking yourself in a room instead of killing him makes you a good mom!:) ha ha Getting your body back to normal takes time! I'm so sorry It's hit so hard. Good luck with it!

Nick and Brent said...

Hang in there Kim, it's mainly just your horomones out of whack from everything your body has been through. It's surprisingly normal, just take deep breaths and remember Mac is probably having a hard time adjusting to someone else getting all the attention. You did the right thing by walking away, and Ryan did the right thing by giving you a much-needed break. It's hard, and I wish I were there to help you out!

Liz said...

Gosh, I'm sorry Kim. I can't tell you how many times I have been just as mad at Aige. It really is one of the worst feeling to almost want to throw the kid across the room. I'm not a very patient person, let alone a patient parent. At least kids are so fogiving (which almost makes you feel worse). It's hard when everyone is adjusting to having the new baby. Hopefully things will get better soon, and you have an awesome husband that is obviously aware of your needs!!