Sunday, July 6, 2008

Camping for the 4th

4th of July weekend was full of fun. We loaded up and headed off to Island Park with our camper on Thursday. Saturday morning we went to the lake for Jet skiing and Sunshine. Instead we got jet skiing and a lot of wind so we didn't stay as long as we would have liked. MaCrae fell off the deck without a life jacket, and Brian (Ryan's brother-in-law) was able to pull him out by his leg. It was very scary, but we are safe, and learned quickly that the kids keep their life jackets on at all times.
Most of the family got up early Friday morning and went through Yellowstone Park, Ryan and Mac included. But I have struggled with waking up lately so Madi and I slept in until 9:30! That doesn't happen very often. But I must say that Madi has supprised us early and started sleeping through the night. At first I thought it might be a one night fluke, but she has been consistent for the past week. She will have a bottle between 9 and 10 at night and wake up around 6 the next morning. Yes, Madi has spoiled me, she is a wonderful baby. And adorable too! Anyway. The group that went through the park saw 4 bears had a ton of fun.
I gave MaCrae his first lesson at driving a big boy 4-wheeler. The small 4-wheeler makes me look huge, and I am sure lots of on-lookers had a good laugh, but Mac loved it. And he was actually very good at driving.
Mac was either on a 4-wheeler or his bike almost the whole time. The first night we were there he was on his bike until almost 11! Yes, this kid never stops.
And of course, we had to get a picture of Mom and Madi on her first camping trip. But don't you worry, we are not even close to roughing it. We even have direct T.V. and of course a flat screen in our camper. what can I say, I like Ryan's style of camping! We had such an amazing time. I have to thank Ryan for letting me sleep in every morning, some much needed rest. Madi also had a first moment. I had her on my bed this morning and I heard her restling around, so I look over and she has rolled onto her side, so I walk over to her and just wait. She rolled over to her belly just for me to swoop her up so she didn't fall off. She is just growing up too fast. I am just glad for her big smiles and "coo's". Being a mom really is awesome.

3 comments:

Amber said...

she is getting so big! You look great kim! Glad you had a fun camping trip, I would go if we had a camper:) I'm not a tent kind of girl.

Annalee Taylor said...

holy crap...I cant believe that mac fell off the dock like that, that is so scary. I would have freaked. I am glad taht your brotheri in law caught him, how awful. I am liking your style of camping too, I am not one for ruffing it...hence the reason girls camp sucked so bad!

Jenny said...

What a fun camping trip! Madi is so big and sooo cute! Glad you had a great 4th!