Monday, July 14, 2008

Delicious Chicken Enchiladas

Cut up 1 onion and microwave for 2 minutes. Add 1 can chopped green chilies, 3 cups shredded or cut up chicken, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1 can Cream of Chicken, and 3/4 small can sliced black olives (optional, we prefer without). Mix. Soften 12-18 (I use 18) corn tortillas with hot oil (about 4 seconds each side). Blot dry. Fill each shell with about 2 tbsp. chicken mixture and shredded Monteray Jack Cheese. Roll up. Pour 2 cans (14 oz. each) Green Chili Enchilada Sauce (I like the Hatch brand) over rolled up enchiladas. Top with cheese and remaining sliced olives. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

My visiting teaching companion made these for us after I had Madi, and they were so good I had to get the recipe. We love them and they are not that hard to make. Well worth the effort. I made them for dinner tonight, and wanted to include a picture, but the picture wasn't worth looking at! But they are so yummy, so try the recipe and tell me what you think.

1 comment:

Amber said...

yum, I'm going to try these! I'll let you know how they turn out for me!