Tuesday, July 29, 2008

All about MaCrae

So I have been so caught up it posting pictures of Madi that I feel like MaCrae deserves a post all to himself. I can't believe how big Mac is getting. We have made some changes at our home, and I can't believe what a difference it has made. First, when Mac does something I don't aprove of I get down at his eye level and pull him into me tight, almost hugging him, and talk to him instead of get mad. He has seemed to respond to this very well. The 2nd big change is keeping junk food out of our house. I know anyone who has been over knows what a junk food junkie I am. I love my sweets, so I have really cut back. I stopped buying any snacks that MaCrae eats regularly. So now when he looks in the pantry there is nothing to choose but raisins, bananas, string cheese, or crystal light (to drink of course!). I do keep some of his snacks hidden, so he can have them in the car or while I shop. And then today he asked if he could go potty on "daddy's toliet". So we took his clothes off and he sat on the toliet for atleast 15 minutes. He couldn't seem to go so he got off and I kept him naked so he might still get back on. About 2 minutes after he got off he had an accident. He felt really bad. But he is trying, and it was his idea, so I think we are getting somewhere. I really love my buddy! He might be a hand full, but I don't know what I would do if I didn't have him. He LOVES baseball. And he is actually getting pretty dang good!
He loves his train set. Cars, trains, and planes for this kid. What a boy.
Mac's new favorite food. Watermelon! He learned this trick off his Elmo Potty Show!! And isn't his shirt cool. My sister gave it to him when she came to visit. It is way big, so it is my favorite night shirt for him. Thanks Bec.

No comments: