Sunday, September 7, 2008

So much has gone on since my last post. Where, oh where to begin? Last week I was crazy busy running all sorts of erronds, trying to get things ready for camping that weekend. Thursday morning I got a call from my dentsist office asking me to come in for an interview! So after a full day of lunch with Steff, meeting up with Julie (her daughter Brinkley is ADORABLE!) and running home to change, I made it. Came home from the interview and went to dinner with Ryan's parents. Friday I was up bright and early for a working interview, came home packed the camper and headed up to Island Park. Of course every one who goes camping knows, the day you come home (which was Monday) is full of laundry!! And cleaning the camper. So bright and early Tuesday morning I started my first day at work as the new Insurance Administrator at Couch Comfort Dental! I am officially employed. I love my children more than anyone could ever imagine, but I just was not a good stay at home mom. I only work 4 days a week, so I am full time with benefits, but I get an extra day home with the kids. And I love it. I kinda feel guilty for taking the easy way out and leaving my kids at the daycare, but I needed this more than I realized. And MaCrae is having so much fun playing with the other kids. And no one at Madi wants to give her back when I pick the kids up. She is such a cutie, the older girls love to play with her and get her laughing, smiling, and cooing. So this last week was my first full week, so things around the house where kind of put aside to get adusted. Ryan was not so thrilled about me going back to work. He knew I really wanted to, but he thought I would wait until Madi was older. Call me a terrible mom, but I was ready. And I don't regret my decision for a minute. So if anyone is looking for an awesome dentist, come visit me at Dr. Couch and Dr. Harper's office!!

3 comments:

Amber said...

It is really hard to be home all day with two kids, that is why I love to go to the salon 2 days a week! Some people just aren't cut out for being cooped up all day and me and you must be those people;) Good luck at your new job, thats awesome that you get benefits!

Liz said...

If you are happy and the kids are happpy then it's a win/win situation. Besides, I really think that before you can be a good mom and take care of everyone else, you've got to be able to take care of yourself first. Sounds like a great job, hopefully, you'll still have time to keep us updated between job, and kids, and all the other stuff we moms and wives get to do!

Nick and Brent said...

Congrats at your new job, it sounds like it was something you had thought through and feels right for you. You'll just have to see how it goes and how the kids adjust and make sure everyone is happy. Good luck!