Tuesday, February 12, 2008

REMODELING

So with all the snow and cold weather we have recieved, my husband has taken the brunt of it. As for those who know, he works in the concrete business, which has been almost none existant the last 6 weeks. Which means a lot of family time! It was great at first. I thought it would nice to have someone to help watch Mac. Like projects I have wanted to do for a while were going to get done. Not so! Having your husband at home for so many days starts to get much harder than having them work. Instead of trying to entertain just 1, I have 2. And then I realize the whole day has gone by, and nothing has gotten done, not even he usual housework. It has been hard, but I think it is even harder on my husband. Guys have a hard time being at home that long, or atleast my husband and my dad do. They like to be out working on something. So Ryan decided that it would be a great time to remodel Mac's bathroom. The shower has never worked since the day we moved in (yes, annoying!) So Ryan demoed the tile shower walls, which left a huge mess in the tub and dust everywhere. But I was so excited to get this project going. So that night we hopped on down to Lowe's and got everything we needed for the progect. The plumbers came in and fixed the shower, and I was getting even more excited. But things just came to a hault from there. Even longer story short, three weeks later, and we are still not finished! We have family coming in for Mac's birthday party this weekend, and we are in a crunch to get it done. But everything in the bathroom has been stored in our office, which is being turned into Madison's room, that needs to be cleared out by Friday so we can paint! All I can say, remodeling is such a pain, but when it is completed, it is such a great feeling. And I find myself walking by whatever it is that has been done like 20 times a day to admire the work. Next we have to retile and paint the master bathroom, which will be a much smaller task than this last bathroom, but then we can finally redo the kitchen!! Yeah! This is probably another year away, but I am so excited to see the improvements being made. We have done so much to this home since we moved in, and by the time everything is finished and we are ready to build, I might be sad to leave! Who knows, by the time we move we might have 5 kids and need all these bedrooms!! Just kidding, we are just trying to figure out how we are going to take care of 2 kids.

1 comment:

Nick and Brent said...

Good luck with the remodeling! Ryan sounds like my dad...when they actually get time to do the project, they don't feel like doing it! Happy birthday to Mac too!