Tuesday, February 26, 2008

More Kleenex Please

So this is flu season, and I have been very picky about when and where I take MaCrae out lately. Last week we left the house for one day of shopping and BAM! we are sick. MaCrae came down with a horrible runny nose, caugh, and was just miserable. All he would do was cry and whine, which is very out of character for Mac. Normally he is a pain in the butt, only because he goes throughout the house like the Tazmanian Devil, leaving his trail behind him. So come Friday night and it hits me too. I'm thinking it is just a cold, keeping close tabs on our temps. Sunday I was ready to visit community care, but not wanting to pay $25 to find out I have a cold and need to drink more fluids. Yeah, right now I am a tight wad, money isn't exactly flowing in. But by Monday morning, and no husband to take MaCrae so I could sleep, I gave in and went to see the doc. Turns out we have a sinis infections and Bronchitis! They made me do the flu test with the long cotton swab up my nose. Ouch!! It doesn't exactly feel too good. But, three medications later, and a few hours spent at the doctors and pharmacy, we see some hope. Never underestimate the power of Codiene Cough Syrup. That stuff is wonderful, but I seriously was hulicinating on it. Slept great, but I would wake up to use the bathroom (as all us pregnant women can atest to so often at night) and just laugh uncontrollably at myself trying to walk to the bathroom. MaCrae finally had a good night, and we are on the road to recovery. Maybe once I get feeling better I can start looking for remains of my house!! Anyone like to clean?

3 comments:

Liz said...

I feel for ya. Couple weeks ago my little guy had a fever for 5 days. Once the meds wore off it'd get up to 104! If I lived closer I might think about cleaning your house, but, I don't think adding two tasmanian devils would help. :-)

Chantri said...

Goodness! I am so sorry it's made a stop at your home too. I think this bug going around isn't "if" you'll get it but "when"! I think we are finally on the mend at our house. Stacey and the kids still have runny noses and cough a little...but feeling well. Stacey loved the Rx cough syrup as well! :) good stuff.

Jenny said...

That sucks! Two days ago Lilly started coughing and has a runny nose, but it doesnt seem to bother her. I just hope she keeps it to herself!