Monday, February 18, 2008

Quilting Fun

For my 21st birthday my mother got me a sewing machine and all the materials and goodies to make a quilt. I have pulled my supplies out maybe 2 times since to work on it, not getting much done. So this weekend when my parents came up for MaCrae's birthday party, my mother and I almost finished the quilt. It was so much fun, and it turned out so cute. I will post pictures when it is completely finished. MaCrae spent the whole morning on Grandma's lap at her sewing machine, so interested in everything she was doing. And only messed her up once! So, now I have a new addiction, quilting, and I have already started the second one. All the pieces are cut out and ready to be sewn together. For those of you out there who love to sew, I now understand! I just sat up last night thinking of all the things I could do, like a bed set and curtains for Mac, a baby blessing dress for Madi, and so much more. How fun. Well, I will post pictures of Mac's birthday and all his fun later. I wish I were a kid again, can you say spoiled!!

4 comments:

Annalee Taylor said...

serious...I am so addicted its not funny...if I had tons of money it would porbably be spent on fabric.

Jenny said...

Oh, I wish I knew how to sew and make quilts. Someday I will buy a sewing machine and learn how.

Nick and Brent said...

Can you teach me please how to be crafty and make cute things? I have a sewing machine but all I know how to do is mend, it's pathetic! p.s. I love how you have a picture of mercedes on the blog! :)

Liz said...

Oh my gosh Kim!!!!! My wasting time and blog surfing paid off!! I'm totally going to start watching your blog, you look so good! How have you been? We've got a blog too (anymore who doesn't?), it's www.lizandlanes.blogspot.com.