Wednesday, March 5, 2008









My first finished sewing projects! Once my mom started the rag quilt with me and left I kind of lost motivation to finish it. I thougt it would be a nice project to work on after Mac went to bed. But once reality kicked in and Mac was asleep, I was too tired to do anything. So finally this last Sunday while Mac attempted to nap I pulled out the sewing machine and started working in it again. Ryan even played with Mac most of the day so I could work on it. I was so excited when I finished it I rushed out to buy more fabic. I made 2 fleece blankets yesterday morning while Mac watched his new favorite movie Monsters INC. The pictures don't do justice for how cute all the quilts are. I am just so excited that I have a new favorite past time. For all of you out there who like to sew, where are the best places to find fabric? I had a hard time finding fleece that I really liked.

MaCrae has turned into such a good little helper. Now that we are both over our sickness, he has become my little side kick. I thought this picture of him enjoying his popcorn was so cute. I was making cookies and he wanted to have a snack. His language skills are starting to take off. We were getting a little worried becuase he doesn't talk a lot, or atleast talk other than baby language. But he is now trying to say everyone I say, which will come back to bite me in the butt I'm sure. And his new favorite tricks, moving chairs and stools around so that he can get to anything and opening the doors. The fridge door, the garage door, and the door to the back yard. We have resorted to looking all the doors to keep him in.
Grandma Gorton sent Mac a Valentine's monkey, and he became his best friend (for the day at least). So while Ryan and I worked on the bathroom, what a romantic Valentine's day for us, Mac watched a movie and ate an ice cream cone with his new buddy.
This is old news, but I have been very lazy about uploading my pictures from the camera. I have been trying so hard to grow my hair out, and it seems like now that I want it to grow it has stopped. When I had short hair I couldn't get it cut enough! So I decided to try coloring my hair back to it's natural color. Well, lets say, it ended up about 3 shades darker, if not more! I have lived with it for almost 6 weeks, and have decided I really can't take it any longer. So Ryan has requested that I have a professional redo it.
My baby bedding! Ryan thinks I am a dork, but after I ordered the bedding it took FOREVER to get here. So as soon as it arrived I had to open it up and take some pictures. Ryan is still not very excited about painting the room pink, so that project has been put off for some time. But I'm sure once he holds Madi in his arms he would paint our room pink if she asked him to. That is the effect little girls have on their daddy's.


5 comments:

Annalee Taylor said...

I love the baby beding..cute! And your blankets look awesome. My favorite place to find flanel is Abbotts...plus its always on sale..25%off all the time! Also the Quilt Shoppe is getting a new line of flannel in the next couple weeks...keep checking there, they are the best. THat is one good thing about Rigby...we have the best quilt shops!

Natalie said...

I love the quilt!! So how did you get into sewing, I've always wanted to start but I just haven't got around to it! We should get together and you can teach me!!

Nick and Brent said...

Love your hair...I thought you were pregnant, but you don't look it! And I can't believe how much Mac is growing up!!

Jenny said...

You are so talented! I wish I could sew! That bedding for your new baby is so cute. I love Pottery Barn!

Kris and Sarah said...

Hey you guys! You're little boy is so big. We really need to get together some time. Congrats on the pregnancy, girls are awesome!!