Thursday, March 13, 2008

Spring Cleaning Extravaganza

So, I really wanted to join Chantri, Annalee, and Natalie in their spring cleaning fun, but have been much too tired, not to mention Mac got sick AGAIN!! He was acting fine besides the fact he couldn't sleep, not even at night. Sunday night Ryan had to get him an ice cream cone and watch 101 Dalmations with him at 3 a.m. (while I slept, what a good father!) Monday his hands starting turning blue for no reason, so hoping it wasn't pneumonia (don't know how to spell) I took him to see the Doc. They never told me what was wrong, but gave him a shot of anitbiotics and sent us home. So all he wants to do is be cuddled. So anyway, back to the cleaning. This morning as I wake up to it snowing, I thought, since I have no where to go I will start tearing apart my house. And I did it, I started my spring cleaning. First I went through the bathrooms and threw away so much stuff. I think I had like 3 different styles of toothbrush holders and soap dispensers that I have never thrown out. I save them thinking one day I might want to reuse them. But no, I won't, I will want something new, so I tossed them. I haven't actually scrubbed the bathrooms yet, but getting all the clutter and junk out makes a huge difference. Then I decided to tackle Mac's room. Wow! Now there was a project. He has a bed, a crib, a dresser in the closet, and a dresser outside the closet. So I decided it was time to move the baby furniture out, since it will be moved in a few weeks anyway. I probably should not have done a lot of things myself like moving the dressers and bed, even though I did take out the drawers, but it looks so good now. And the best part is that I don't have to ask Ryan to do it and have him look at me like "why". He is never excited about rearraning or cleaning. So anyway, I got the crib taken apart, moved to Madi's room, and put back together. I am so pleased with my hard work, but extremely tired, so I this is my well earned break. Sorry, I didn't tak pictures, so if you want to see the finished product, I guess you will have to stop by. Oh! And yesterday I cleaned out my own closet! Big chore there too. Since I don't wear 99% of my clothes right now, I have really neglected my poor cloest. But it too looks great now. My goal is to clean at least one or two rooms completely each day until it is all done. Thanks Chantri for the challenge, even through I didn't think I would do it, I am, and it feels so dang good!

4 comments:

Kris and Sarah said...

Kooper did'nt hug my tummy either, just my little sisters. For some reason he just really liked hers! :) That is my little girl on the left hand side of my blog. I took the picture. Thanks I'm glad you think it's cute! I'm a beginner, I need to learn a lot about photography! :)

Natalie said...

I hope Mack feels better! The cleaning feels great doesn't it?! Although I'm a bit behind!! Nice Job!

Chantri said...

Kim I am so proud of you!! I am the same way when I am pregnant... I do way too much, but don't want to wait for Stacey to "get around to it"! But don't overdue yourself...call me and i'll come and help ya if you get too tired! I got your message and I will call you back first thing in the morning--not too early though!!! :) I hope that Mack gets well soon...that makes days so hard to have a sick child. Hang in there! You are doing awesome.

Sarah and Adam said...

K, it was fun to have you find my blog, it looks like we have a lot in common! Growing our hair out, Loving to dye it, Older boy, and we are expecting baby number two! Plus, I've really gotten into sewing. Anyway, keep in touch!