Friday, March 14, 2008

Bad News

MaCrae has pneumonia! Yesterday while cleaning up the basement family room he started having a hard time breathing again. I called the Doc and ended up taking him in immediately. I feel so bad for my poor little boy. He has hardly slept in 3 days, and is now being poked and tested like crazy. He ended up having another antibiotic shot and a shot of steriods to help open up his chest so he could breath. After the shots we were both crying. The nurse came to check on us because I did not want to leave until I could settle down. Lucky for us we caught it early enough he has the chance of getting better at home, if things improve he won't be in the hospital, we just have to keep a close eye on him. Most of the time pnemonia is hard to catch in young children, so we are very lucky. The next bad news: I have to push back any more cleaning, becasue Mac needs a lot of special attention. And for the final bad news: Broulim's had their Mini Cadbury Eggs on sale 3 for $5! So I was in no way going to miss out. Tuesday after my lunch, I told ya the sweets don't come until after lunch, I opened my first bag to enjoy a handful. About an hour after eating them I got extremley sick to my stomach. So like every pregnant woman experiences, once you get sick of something you never want to see it again, so I am done with the Cadbury Eggs! Of course my husband was excited because now he gets to enjoy them all himself. Oh well, there is plenty of other candy that I can eat!!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm so sorry that Mac is that sick! I'm glad you were able to catch it in time! It's so hard to see your kid go through any pain, I hate it!! Anyway... I hope he gets better soon!!

Jenny said...

I'm so sorry! About Mac's pneumonia and the cadburry egg incident. Having a sick kid is the worst! I hope he gets better and doesnt have to go to the hospital!

Amber said...

Sad! That is so hard to have a sick child. I hope things go well and he gets better. And I'm sorry about your cadbury Egg experience, I love those things!

Liz said...

Gosh, that stinks! Poor Mac, and poor you! Hopefully, the cadbury eggs will sound good to you again soon, they sure sound good to me, I usually have no self control if I'm near a bag. I hope Mac gets better soon!!

Nick and Brent said...

Yuck, that's sad! Payton has been sick too, and I've been hoping it won't turn into pneumonia. You can send your extra easter candy this way, we can take it off your hands!