Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Madison's Nursrey

This last weekend my parents came up and helped paint the nursrey. The room isn't finished yet, but we are a lot closer than before. Ryan has asked me to go buy decor for the walls so we can cover up some of the pink. It looks good, but it is a lot of pink. Plus the carpet is white, so the color seems extra bright. I am also in the market for a rug in pastel colors, so if you have seen one, or come across one let me know. Rugs are expensive, so I don't want to buy one until I know it's what I really want. I bought curtain panels for the room, but when we put them up last night we were both in agreement that I needed different curtians. I think I am going to buy another bed skirt like the one I have and make curtains out of them. Not sure yet.

Straightner update: still love it. The straightner I got does not have an adjustable temp, so if you have fine hair it might not be good for you. I'm not sure what the rule of thumb is for thin hair. But for thick hair like mine, it is amazing. So anyway, I highly recommed it. I think they are up to $35 now, but that is still a lot better than $130, it's retail price. So anyone in the market, good luck, if you have any questions let me know.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Such a cute room! If you are ever down here in Orem, Downeast Home has Pottery Barn rugs for like half the price. Maybe I will have to go look for you.

Annalee Taylor said...

Love the room...I did want to tell you that Sams has some darling runs that would go really cute with this bedding...and the price is always good there!

Amber said...

I got Brylee a pastel chanel pink rug on Jcpenney.com and it was about $80 but it is soooo soft and they have different sizes and colors. Her room looks really good though! (Brylee's room is brighter than that, you would die!) I like the pink you chose.

Natalie said...

The room is super cute!! Love the pink!

Nick and Brent said...

I'm sure Ryan is loving the pink! So cute...that makes me want to have a little girl!

Kris and Sarah said...

I love pink!! so cute!