Wednesday, June 10, 2009

You Don't Want to Catch This

So I have now expierenced the 24 hour flu! Well, I should not say I had it, but MaCrae came home from Lolo's Tuesday throwing up everytime he tried to take a drink. He was starting to get lethargic, so I ran him over to the doctors, where he continued to throw up in their garbage can. Lucky for them it was closing time!! We got him some medicine to settle his stomach and continued to provide him with plenty of juice, pop, and capri sun. He would drink a sippy cup, wait 10 minutes and throw it back up in the nice tub the doctor gave us to use in the car. After about an hour he was finally able to keep some juice down. That's when Madi woke up throwing up more that I ever thought she could have possibly ate. I think we did 3 loads of laundry last night and another 3 today! Lucky for us we were able to get to bed around 1 and sleep sound until 7. I know it could have been a lot worse, but I really hope they never have this happen again. Thank heavens for Ryan who helped me through it. He actually let me go to bed around 10, did all the laundry, and cleaned up all the puke! I have a pretty amazing husband.

2 comments:

Nick and Brent said...

How ironic, my sister has the same thing! Must be going around! And it's no fun having sick kids throwing up...hope you don't get it either.

Stevie said...

Thank heavens for husbands:) Sorry about the kiddos:( I hate having sick kids!!! James has a cold right now and teething, we need some good sunshine! Hope all is well:)